Last modified: July 15, 2014
Welcome to Pick1 (“Pick1”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”). Pick1 is intended to provide a fun way to share information through our content-sharing platform. Just choose from our existing pairs or create your own and then Pick1.
- How we collect, use, share and protect information in conjunction with our mobile application and service, our web site, and any software provided in relation with Pick1's services (collectively the “Service”) and your choices about the collection and use of the information.
- Use of Pick1 is voluntary, however, failure to provide certain information may prevent participant from use of the Service.
1. Information we collect:
We collect the following types of information.
- Information provided by you directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address, when you register for your Pick1 account.
- Your profile information associated with your user profile, such as first name, last name and picture. Such information is useful by others in locating your profile.
- Optional information such as year of birth, role (son, daughter, husband, wife, father, mother) may be entered for additional levels of sharing while using the Service.
- User Content such as photos and other materials, which you post to the Service.
- Your User communications between you and Pick1, such as account verification, feature updates, technical notices, etc…
- Location Services may be offered, such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) based offerings. If you use those services, we may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location.
- Information associated with your followers:
- You may associate your account with followers or you may follow others, through use of the Service. You may find followers through use of your username.
- You may request to follow other users private accounts, but it is at their discretion as to whether such requests are approved.
- Pick1 does not access your contact list or other information on your mobile service.
- Pick1 does not allow you to send messages or communications outside of the Service in order to invite followers.
- Analytics information:
- Use of Pragmatic's Leverage™ analytics tools will help create and store results from Pick1. This tool collects information sent by your mobile service and stores the results.
- Use of Pick1's Service while in private mode will prevent pair results from being displayed.
- Use of the service through a mobile service or device provides small data files associated with your device, which may uniquely identify the device. Pick1 shall not share that information with any third parties and shall only use the information in the aggregate.
- Metadata is information associated with the User Content, such as by whom or when data was created. Any metadata collected by the Service shall not be shared with any third parties and shall only be used for information purposes to improve the Systems use and performance.
- Cookies and similar technologies:
- We may utilize cookies, pixels, web beacons or other like technology when you visit the Service in order to determine usage and plan for future features to be brought to you. Such information shall not be shared with any third parties and shall only be used in the aggregate.
2. How we use your information:
- Assist with accessing the Service after registration or signing in.
- Remember your information or have your registration persist from one visit to the next.
- Provide content unique to you within the Service.
- Provide information to improve and enhance the Service.
- Provide results and analysis of Pick1 pairs and other information provided by the Service.
- Provide metrics on Service demographics such as number of users, role type, etc…
- Provide automatic updates to the Pick1 application on your mobile service.
3. How we share your information:
We do not share, rent or sell your information to third parties without your consent except as noted in this Policy.
- Parties with whom we may share your information:
- Where we need to share such information to fulfill promotional obligations or Advertising Partners where we may share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- Where we need to share such information with companies that work on our behalf, in order for them to provide a product or service you have requested;
- Where we respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process;
- Where we find that your actions on our website violate the Terms of Service (TOS) or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
- Data may be removed that can identify you, and we may share aggregate or anonymous data with other parties.
- Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- Any User Content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service becomes available to the public according to your settings. You may change your settings at anytime to make your User Content private to others within the Service. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
- If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or copied by other using the Service.
- What happens in the event of a change of control:
4. How we store your information:
- Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Pick1, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- We, our Affiliates, or our Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, please note that we may transfer information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. We cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Pick1, at all times.
- Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Pick1 make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
5. Your Information:
- Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- You may opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
- How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Pick1, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
6. Children and their Privacy:
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
7. Other Sites and Services:
8. How to contact us:
Pragmatic Solutions, Inc.,
32123 Lindero Canyon Road,
Westlake Village, CA 91361,
Fax: (818) 865-8920
or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to contact us about a deceased user:
- In the event of the death of a User, please contact us. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
We reserve the right to change, modify or amend this policy from time to time. If we make any significant changes to this policy, we will post those changes here. We encourage you to periodically review this policy to be informed of how we collect, use and protect your information.